Account
Cart

your cart is empty.

Tillingham

Pinot Gris 2020

Pinot Gris 2020 product photo

perfect for

A perfect white wine pairing.

region/grape

Sussex : Pinot Gris

abv

11%

size

750ml

£43.00

shop all white wine →

delivery

  • Free shipping on orders over £40.
  • Free click & collect available from LOCAL (Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • £4.95 delivery on orders under £40

about

  • 2020
  • 11%
  • 750ml
  • Yes
  • No
  • No
  • Yes
  • Yes
Pinot Gris 2020 secondary product photo
Pinot Gris 2020 tertiary product photo

Please note: We try our best to keep up with photography, but the image may not show the actual vintage available. Please check the product details for the current vintage that we are shipping right now.

Pinot Gris 2020 - Tillingham

2020 Pinot Gris = clean & refreshing wine from Tillingham .

40% of the fruit was whole cluster fermented in concrete with a top of of Pinot Gris juice and then pressed after two weeks in stainless steel, the other 60% was crushed, destemmed and soaked for 6 days on skins and then fermented in BIG oak barrels.

A delicate amber colour, roséwater and orange rind on the nose, which develops into a crisp and refreshing finish.

Fridge this one up, then take it out and and let it open for a few minutes before serving.

Tillingham is based near Rye on 70 acres of rolling East Sussex hills. Progressive and but rooted in ancient traditions champions a biodynamic way of farming that is grounded in sustainability.

The project, founded by farmer and winemaker Ben Walgate and begun in 2017, makes use of the diverse crop the farm is home to; vineyards, fruit trees, woodland and livestock. This range is a constant source of creativity for Tillingham, best showcased in the farm's 'Field Blends'. Elsewhere the wines produced on the farm are more familiar but all with a quality that Walgate can only describe as "Tillingham-y".

While much of their uniqueness is in the produce, Tillingham's dedication to craftsmanship and instinctive experimental processes, using for example spontaneous fermentation or barefoot treading, entertains risk for results that are being incredibly well-received. It's these practices that transform traditional grapes like Chardonnay and Pinot Noir into Tillingham wines.

related products

some other stuff you might like

want 10% off your first order?

sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more...

minimum £20 spend

#}

Are you over 18?